The Student News Site of Colonia Middle School

The Patriot Post

• December 8Congratulations to Mrs. Elizabeth Castro 2023-2024 CMS Governor's Excellence in Education Support Person of the Year
  • December 8Congratulations to Mrs. Henriques 2023-2024 CMS Governor's Excellence in Education Teacher of the Year!!

The Patriot Post

The Patriot Post

Polls

What is your favorite spring sport?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

How Much Snow Will Fall This Year?

How Much Snow Will Fall This Year?
Photo courtesy of Pexels

Making snowmen, having snowball fights, making snow angels are all core moments of most everyone’s childhood who live in New Jersey.

Recently, you may notice that we haven’t really had much snow in a while. This is because of a commonly known problem called global warming which has now made it harder for snow to fall. 

While there are solutions to stop global warming, we currently still have to deal with the effects. We also will start getting snow later in winter, which unfortunately means white Christmases will be more rare.

Thankfully, our first chance of real snow was on the weekend of Jan 6th through Jan 7th, but it turned out to be just terrible rain.  Now, we are waiting to see what happens from January 15th to 16th.

From there it doesn’t seem like it will stop, as we are expected to get a mild snowy winter because we are experiencing the El Nino weather pattern.   

The El Nino weather pattern usually means less snow but this time many forecasters say this could change and the El Nino pattern doesn’t seem like it will play out as usual. Some forecasters say we have a 33-40% chance of above normal snowfall this year!

This is a major change from last year but it all revolves around the predicament, are you a snow lover or snow hater?