The Student News Site of Colonia Middle School

The Patriot Post

• December 8Congratulations to Mrs. Elizabeth Castro 2023-2024 CMS Governor's Excellence in Education Support Person of the Year
  • December 8Congratulations to Mrs. Henriques 2023-2024 CMS Governor's Excellence in Education Teacher of the Year!!

The Patriot Post

The Patriot Post

Polls

What is your favorite spring sport?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

CFB Video Games are Back!

rawpixel.com
Let’s Play! Original public domain image from Wikimedia Commons

In 2015, EA Sports released their newest college football game: NCAA Football 2014. The game was a success!

EA was printing money, and the video game franchise couldn’t be more dominant, but then the lawsuits started rolling in. Major football universities started to accuse EA of not properly licensing their copyright rights and the players started to call out due to unfair pay. EA was swarmed and eventually the game was taken down.

Nine years later, and speculations were starting to rise. People were starting to take sides online, whether their beloved game would be coming back or not.

On February 15th, 2024, the official teaser trailer was released on YouTube and the football world blew up.

Players will be getting paid, teams are already joining, including Michigan, Louisville, and Liberty. It’s said that the players will be paid 600 dollars to be in the game.

No further details have been released yet except that EA is working so that this game will be released this summer. Game on.