The Student News Site of Colonia Middle School

The Patriot Post

• December 8Congratulations to Mrs. Elizabeth Castro 2023-2024 CMS Governor's Excellence in Education Support Person of the Year
  • December 8Congratulations to Mrs. Henriques 2023-2024 CMS Governor's Excellence in Education Teacher of the Year!!

The Patriot Post

The Patriot Post

Polls

What is your favorite spring sport?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Racing With the Jr.Dragsters!

The sport all of my family does is Drag racing.

What is drag racing?  It is a sport that you need to put a lot of effort. You have to get use to driving the car at 8.90 rpms.

Jr.Dragsters can race from ages 5-17.  I first started Drag racing when I was 10 years old. The only reason I wanted to do this is because I saw other kids in a Jr. Dragster and I thought it looked so much fun.

My Mom did Jr.Dragster when she was 8 years old. When I as 5 or 6 my grandparents were Drag racing too and they raced Top Dragster and Super Comp.

In one big truck and trailer, they can fit 4 race cars in the trailer.   

You also get to choose a number for your car. The car number that I have on my Jr.Dragster is 107. It is the same number as my Grandpa’s car. He was in the U.S. Navy but  is not with us anymore .

It is important to me because 107 means that he sees me when I race.  I won my first race on June 11th,2022 on a Sunday afternoon in Lebanon Valley in upstate New York.

In January, we get the race car ready for the spring.