The Student News Site of Colonia Middle School

The Patriot Post

• December 8Congratulations to Mrs. Elizabeth Castro 2023-2024 CMS Governor's Excellence in Education Support Person of the Year
  • December 8Congratulations to Mrs. Henriques 2023-2024 CMS Governor's Excellence in Education Teacher of the Year!!

The Patriot Post

The Patriot Post

Polls

What is your favorite spring sport?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Reindeer Invades New Jersey School

Reindeer Invades New Jersey School

Over Thanksgiving weekend, an elementary school in Toms River, New Jersey, had an unexpected guest. A wild deer burst through a window in Cedar Grove Elementary on November 25, at 10:00pm.

He knocked over several items in the building, however, no major damage was left in the classrooms. Police eventually found him near a stairwell, then trapped the deer after chasing it down the halls.

The police nicknamed the deer “Rudolph,” due to its timing so close to the holidays. The deer was not seriously injured, and was hopefully released into the wild, but we are not 100% sure.

Long story short, staff members boarded up the window and the school is back in action. Cedar Grove Elementary students and staff will never forget the time they had a visit by “Rudolph,” the Toms River reindeer!