The Student News Site of Colonia Middle School

The Patriot Post

• December 8Congratulations to Mrs. Elizabeth Castro 2023-2024 CMS Governor's Excellence in Education Support Person of the Year
  • December 8Congratulations to Mrs. Henriques 2023-2024 CMS Governor's Excellence in Education Teacher of the Year!!

The Patriot Post

The Patriot Post

Polls

What is your favorite spring sport?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Yankees 2023 Season Recap

Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

The New York Yankees have had a challenging MLB season this year.

This year on opening day, they called up their rookie shortstop, Anthony Volpe.  The Yankees have also added a new pitcher, Carlos Rodon and hope they would form a great pitching duo with Gerrit Cole.

The season had a great start but when June rolled around the Yankees star right fielder, Aaron Judge got injured running into a fence at Dodger Stadium. After Aaron Judge was injured, the Yankees season started going downhill. Before Aaron Judge got injured the Yankees were 30-17. While he was injured the Yankees went 19-24.

Also while Aaron Judge was injured, they called up their rookies, Everson Peira, Oswaldo Perza, Jasson Domiguez, and Austin Wells. The rookies have done well this season; they all have gotten great hits. 

The Yankees tried to make a comeback when Aaron Judge came back, passing the Red Sox in the rankings of their division but they failed in trying to make the playoffs. 

The Yankees hope to have a better season next year.