The Student News Site of Colonia Middle School

The Patriot Post

• December 8Congratulations to Mrs. Elizabeth Castro 2023-2024 CMS Governor's Excellence in Education Support Person of the Year
  • December 8Congratulations to Mrs. Henriques 2023-2024 CMS Governor's Excellence in Education Teacher of the Year!!

The Patriot Post

The Patriot Post

Polls

What is your favorite spring sport?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Detroit Lions: Super Bowl or Super Frauds?

Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Let’s talk about the Detroit Lions!  It is the new, flashy, young, talented team that is projected to lead their division.

Jared Goff, their quarterback, was drafted #1 overall by the Los Angeles Rams. After showing barely any results, he was shipped off to Detroit in a trade where Matthew Stafford was given to the Rams. Of course, we all knew what happened after THAT trade.

Anyway, Goff has been showing his talents, surrounded by weapons including Amon-Ra St. Brown and Sam LaPorta. These young studs are leading the Lions into greatness! 

Now, talk about the defense, two rookies were drafted this year by the Lions that are producing: Brian Brach(DB) and Jack Campbell(LB). Brian Brach, while injured, showed great improvement, and Jack Campbell as well.

Aiden Hutchinson, however, is going to be the guy, because he is just glowing with talent on defense. But, we have seen something like this before. The 2022-2023 Minnesota Vikings were led by a good quarterback, had a great receiver and a growing defense, and they were 1st rounded by the New York Giants.

Lions fans are desperate for a Lombardi Trophy in these upcoming seasons, so can Detroit deliver a Super Bowl or are they just a group of super frauds?