Respect of Women

Prisha Patel, Journalism Class Reporter & Staff Editor

Females get harassed almost everyday and every hour just because men think that they are more powerful than them, and now it is time we do something about it.

“[I feel] true disgust at the director who assaulted me when I was 16 years old and anger at the agents and the producers who made me feel that silence was a condition of my employment,” said Reese Witherspoon at the Elle’s Women in Hollywood event in October of 2017.

Almost about 20 women per minute get sexually, physically, or verbally harassed and there all about 10 million women a year who are affected. In 2020 there were about 126,430 rapists in the United States alone.

The sad part about this is that about 83% of females that get harrassed are in middle school and in high school. That is so young to experience something that can traumatize you for the rest of your life. 

“It is emblematic of a systemic problem. Men should stand with women and work together until there is real accountability and change.” said the famous actor Ryan Gosling at the Hollywood reporter interview of October of 2017.

Why do men harass females?  One reason being is because they have excessive stress but that doesn’t mean they have to take it out on females.

The world will be even better when women get the respect that they deserve.