My Top 3 Anime Rom-Coms

Photo courtesy of Pixabay

Veronika Pankiv, Journalism Class Reporter & Staff Editor

Summer is arriving soon and the only thing people have on their mind is what to do and what to watch. Comedy, piece of life, horror, historical, and fantasy are all great movie genres to watch… have you tried romance comedy? Here are my top three anime rom-coms to binge. 

Placing #3- Kamisama Hajimemashita 

A plain girl who moved out from her crazy father and now she finds herself in the place of a god, with her own personal protector, Tomoe. Half fox half human, Tomoe has the duty to protect his human goddess of the Narukami Shrine and protect her from demons and such who want to get rid of her and take her place… not realizing that both of them are falling in love slowly. 

Placing #2- Ouran HighSchool Host Club 

Words can’t tell how I love this show. Haruhi Fujioka breaks a crazily expensive vase of a school for the best and richest and now she needs to pay the sum of 10,000 yen by working with the club. Pretending to be a male, she has to be a part of the Host Club run by Tamaki Suoh. While she faces the awkwardness of the whole club situation and the charming men surrounding her and Tamaki who fell in love with her very much, she has to keep serving the Host Club until she pays back every single penny back. You will be awfully mad when you find out there is no season two. 

Placing #1….- Kaguya-Sama: Love is War

I recently finished the anime and it easily snatched my leaderboard. Two representatives of a highschool student council in Japan face difficulties because both of them are in love with each other. In between them, is a war: whoever hints their love for the other loses. Jealousy captures Miss Kaguya while another member of the student council playfully flirts with the president, she is enraged. Trying to capture her lover’s attention and he is trying to get hers, they are battling for each other’s love and for their true feelings.